Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Day 30: Laugh or Cry?

Not sure exactly what to say about this; my former manager gave me some of her tasty leftovers from lunch and some amazing fresh carrots and spinach (absolutely delicious, like junk food!) after hearing that I still haven't been paid, and that my eating for $5 a day has turned from an experiment to a necessity!

That was awfully kind of her, but I really did hope it wouldn't come to this!

Anyways, I'll be back to "green" blogging soon, but for now I'm just wiped ... all this talk of Harper and his Kyoto conspiracy theory is just disgusting. However, I did get word of a cool CNN article: Go Green, Get Rich which boasts of 8 new "green" technologies that will fatten your wallet while saving the world. My favourite is the Sonic Water Purifier: blowing up contaminants with ultrasound waves sounds pretty neat to me.

I paid for this season's three duathlon entries today with credit (to get the early-bird discount) but I'm going to hold off on the marathon fee until mid-February (it's freaking expensive!)

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee, 1 banana, 1/2 granola bar (free! Thanks Paul) $0.59
Lunch: 3.3 cups bean & barley stew with TVP, instant coffee $1.13
Dinner: Half of a chicken pita & a few home-fries, carrots, spinach with lemon (free! Thanks to Isabel), 2 tbsp peanut butter $0.24
Snack: Avocado milkshake (1 avocado, 1tsp vanilla, 2 tsp sugar, 1.5 cups skim milk) $1.52
Other: Multivitamin $0.10

Day 30 Total: $3.58

No comments: