Sunday, January 21, 2007

Day 20: Hearty eating & a Haircut

Saturday was an interesting day ... I tried to get a swim practice in at the UO pool but there was a swim meet going on, so Alex and I whiled away the time at the nearby Second Cup because it was just too darn cold to walk to Tim Horton's. Luckily, since I expected to be fed at the Mission, it was just barely in the budget - and the only "exterior" food I've bought with my own cash since December.

During my volunteer shift, I ate from some of the scraps leftover from Chris' turkey broth. He didn't even laugh too hard as I picked some of the meat and veggies out of the bottom of that gigantic pot before he tossed the rest into the garbage. Hey, I have just an inkling of what it's like to be hungry.

Finally, the day ended on a superb note at Paul & Amanda's, where I was spoiled with a hearty chicken & rice casserole for dinner, finished off with snacks, coffee, pie, and a surprisingly strong Starbucks drink! And let's not forget Ang's haircut, which saved me well... I dunno... probably 40$ at least! You can see the transformation here, except that you need to remember that I lopped off at least 4 inches prior to this! Thanks to Paul for recording the event in pictures; it was good that we'd already had a few drinks by then!

Breakfast: Peanut butter sandwich, coffee & muffin at Second Cup $3.55
Lunch: Turkey, salad, potatoes, and stock pot scrapings at the Mission (Thanks to Chris & the gang) $0.00
Dinner: Rice, chicken, veggie & cheese casserole, Doritos, espresso and pecan pie (free! Thanks Amanda & Paul) $0.00
Snack: 2 cups coffee $0.28
Other: Haircut (Free! Thanks Ang)

Day 20 Total: $3.83

No comments: