Friday, January 19, 2007

Day 18: I miss chicken

Today (Thursday) my arms were killing me, and I was a bit worried about my protein intake. I know, theoretically, that lentils and barley make up a complete protein when consumed together, but I couldn't help thinking that my lingering muscle soreness was due to a lack of ... chicken. I miss chicken.

Another thing I realized today is that this $5 experiment will probably have to go on past January 31st, for other reasons ... er, I still haven't got a real paycheque ... sigh. I ran halfway to Carleton U last night to avoid having to use another set of bus tickets to get home. Hey, I could always disconnect my phone and stuff.

I snuck in a 1/2 portion of protein powder in today's menu, and made a typically disgusting drink with OJ and strawberry-kiwi Dynawhey. I hope it helps, since after tonight's bike workout I need it even more.

And for anyone who was wondering, well it looks like I shed 2 pounds so far this month. But don't try this at home, kids: remember, most cheap food is also less nutritious. I could also eat 3 bags of chips per day for $3 and I'd probably die.

Breakfast: 2 cups lentil-barley stew, 2 cups coffee $0.66
Lunch: 2 cups lentil-barley stew, 2 slices bread with margarine, tea $0.87
Dinner: Mixed field greens with dressing, 2 cups lentil-barley stew, 2 slices bread with margarine $2.08
Snack: Banana, 1 slice banana bread and 1 timbit (free!) $0.24
Other 1 cup OJ, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1/2 peanut butter sandwich, multivitamin, Ca / D $1.12

Day 18 Total: $4.96

No comments: