Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day 26: It's a Mystery

I haven't really felt hungry in a week, and I feel stronger and run faster than before. I'm eating barely 1/3 of what I ate in the fall... yet my weight loss has bottomed out at a whopping two (2!) pounds - and even that's stretching it. It almost seems like my body is adapting and becoming more efficient at converting food to fuel. I'm pretty easily meeting the $5 cut-off, even without the donations from friends... although I must admit, Amanda's chicken casserole certainly hit the spot tonight, and I didn't realize I was so hungry until I started eating it.

Tonight after swimming I was treated to a wonderful "spiked" hot chocolate at Paul & Amanda's, and even better, some sympathetic ears as we bitched about the government for awhile. This year, I am DEFINITELY going to:
1. Move
2. Fix the job situation
3. Have fun for a change

Anyways, if I don't move until May 1st I will have saved at least $300 in the difference, which I will use to buy a Bike2Body fit assessment at the OAC. My seatpost always gives me trouble and it seems to be slipping gradually to the left - resulting in left knee pain. Sigh. I still got in a good hour before swimming today though.

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee with milk $0.45
Lunch: 3 slices of bread + 1 slice discarded, tomato sauce with tofu and mushrooms $2.18
Dinner : 1 bowl pasta, tofu, mushrooms & tomato sauce $0.98
Snack: 1 cup yogurt, granola bar (free! Thanks Paul), instant coffee $0.64
Other: Russian hot chocolate, almonds, chicken casserole (all free! Thanks Paul & Amanda), multivitamin, C, Ca/D, glucosamine $0.21

Day 26 Total: $4.45

No comments: