Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Day 17: Pull-ups in the Pool

Whew, I survived the most awesome - and brutal - swim lesson ever. I got a new instructor, and since I'm in a class with only 2 other guys and my instructor is quite fit himself... well he didn't tame it down any for my benefit! We worked hard, and any time we touched bottom he made us swim to the side and do 10 pullups. For now, I'm keeping up with the boyz... Next week, the punishment will be situps and chinups on top of that!

I couldn't do the final length of front crawl but I did back swim instead, my instructor was surprised that I made it (2:30 - no arms, to give you an idea of how slow I am). Anyways my shoulders are killing but my pride is intact... Gonna chop my hair a bit too, it's a liability in the pool!

Happy news, I don't eat as much now, and I get full really fast.

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee, 2 cups lentil & barley stew $0.66
Lunch: 2 cups lentil & barley stew, tea, peanut butter sandwich $0.90
Dinner: 2 cups lentil & barley stew, 6 slices bread with marg $1.30
Snack: 2 cups coffee, hot chocolate, homemade oatmeal-peanut butter energy bars $1.65
Other: Tea with milk, multivitamin, Ca/ D, C $0.36

Day 17 Total: $4.87

No comments: