Friday, January 19, 2007

Day 19: Ready for a change

It's not that I don't like lentils and barley and all, but it's what I've had for most of two weeks. The pot is finished so I'm investigating some beans & brown rice recipes ... and I admit they look kinda good. Also, kale and collard greens are on sale at Loblaws this coming week, and I'm looking forward to experimenting with them; apparently they're some of the healthiest foods known to man (er... vegetarians).

Wow, isn't my menu dreary today?! One day, one day! I will have a real fridge, stove, oven and freezer. I'm just dying with anticipation.

Oh, and despite my lack of chicken, I maxed out the elliptical machine tonight. Yup, that's right: I maxed it out! As in, I spent 60 minutes at the highest ramp and resistance setting with a good cadence and couldn't make it work me any harder. Hahahaha, beans and grains you say; there must be something to this vegan bodybuilding thing after all. The only other option is that someone is out there recalibrating the machines in secret (I'm usually at 80-90% of max)... wee-ooh wee-ooh

Ah, just wait'll I have shoulders (and rippling delts, oh my!) like my swim instructor and legs like Lori-Ann Muenzer.

Breakfast: 1 cup lentil-barley stew, 1 slice bread with margarine, 2 cups coffee $0.64
Lunch: 1 cup lentil-barley stew, 2 slices bread with margarine, banana $0.92
Dinner: 1 cup barley-lentil stew, mixed field greens salad, 2 slices bread with margarine, 2 cups coffee $2.51
Snack: Protein shake (1/2 cup milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tsp cocoa, ice cubes, leftover coffee) $0.81
Other: Multivitamin $0.10

Day 19 Total: $4.98

No comments: