Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Day 24: January Blah

From the second I got out of bed, this day was a disaster; just trudging from one thing to another, almost inhumanely. I've had it with winter, people in SUV's, lovers who kiss in public, smokers, OC Transpo, boys who think they're men, grovelling in general, grad school applications, employers who don't pay employees, and swimming.

I've had it with swimming. I've had it with my instructor, who torments me and keeps calling me "Robyn", and my shoulder which popped out tonight and hurts like shit. I've had it with being poor and keeping face, going to work and looking like I'm homeless, trying to be happy and feeling the opposite, trying to stop people from destroying our world and not making a dent.

Ok people, I get it, you just don't care. Be as happy as pigs in poop when your kids can't play on the beach, can't ski on the slopes, can't hike in the park, can't drink from the lake, can't breathe in the air. It's your fucking mortal choice. Go make us extinct already.

For the rest of us, check out The Conscious Earth blog; it's cool.

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee, 1 cup chocolate milk, granola bar (free! Thanks Paul), apple $1.11
Lunch: Peanut butter sandwich, 1 cup yogurt, instant coffee $1.02
Dinner: Vegetable soup & bread with margarine $1.15
Snack: Boiled brussels sprouts $1.06
Other: Multivitamin, Ca/ D, glucosamine $0.16

Day 24 Total: $4.50

No comments: