Monday, January 1, 2007

Day 1: No, I wouldn't call it "cheating".

My first day has come and gone, and I must admit it's not exactly how I envisioned it! Still full from yesterday's dinner and other foods (remember, it was New Year's Eve) I slept until 1:30 and didn't eat much in the afternoon. Then I visited with friends who are very good cooks ... and enjoyed a wonderful dinner that cost me nothing; however I will not even try to guess the actual price of the meal - which certainly would not have fit my budget! But that's not all: fearing that I will starve during this experiment, they sent me home with tasty leftovers... Altogether on Day 1, I ate like a queen.

It was suggested by kriscip that I explain where I purchased the various foods; so I have updated the introductory post, and I will also say here that all foods were purchased from Loblaws-Rideau unless otherwise noted. Now wait, you say: "Isn't food cheaper at Giant Tiger or Zellers?" And the truth is, yes... I may have to check these stores out and report back later. For now, Loblaws is more convenient.

Brunch: 100g Sourdough bread, margarine, 28g sliced turkey, 2 cups coffee $1.19
Dinner: Baked ham with pineapple, mashed potatoes, corn, white wine, tea & dessert (free! thanks to Amanda & Paul)
Snack: Tea with milk $0.18
Other: Multivitamin and Calcium/ D $0.13

Day 1 Total: $1.50

No comments: