Sunday, April 1, 2007

April Fool

So it's the first day of the best month of the year. No jokes played on me today - not yet anyways - although I was close to pouring balsamic vinegar on my pancakes this morning. Note to all Ottawa residents: Carmello's on Cooper has amazing coffee, and amazing service.

The month also heralds the dawn of a new age... literally, my new age. Closer to 30 than 20 and what do I have to show for it, other than more white hair???

Today I also scored a new bathing suit at a decent price: Speedo Endurance in splashy blue and black, and I may have scored a potential swim coach too (can't jinx it 'tho). I need to swim well enough so that the macho guys lounging on the deck will be too respectful to say: "Nice tan" as I walk past. In fact, since I'm practically an old geezer now, I think next time I will just respond: "Nice ass".

Whatever. Since you know how I got that tan, shut up already and race me up the freakin' road, loser.

Sick of all this time off, bring on the darn workday already (never thought I'd say that).

No comments: