Thursday, April 26, 2007

Amazing Revival!

My old mouse had been dead for 24 hours already, when I contacted PK the Tech Miracle-Worker. I was just getting used to the idea of life without my trusty laser mouse, when he suggested that letting it dry for a day or two might restore it to its former glory.

At best, I was dubious. Before it died, it was limping along pathetically, totally incapacitated in the left button area, and the scroll wheel was maimed beyond description.

But then this morning, I decided to uncover it from its shallow paper grave on my desk, and try connecting it again to the life source of my computer. What a miracle! Full function was restored, and a living, breathing mouse it was again once more!

Many thanks to all for your kind thoughts during this time. I exhort you all to value your mice, as you never know what tragic events may befall them without warning...

No comments: