Monday, August 20, 2007

Not for sensitive stomachs

Well Saturday I rode 3.5h and ran 1h, and pretty much exhausted my legs and killed my poor butt on the brand new saddle. How frustrating. Sunday, I sat in a daze in front of my computer and looked for solutions to my bike gear problems. After ripping out my hair and generally wasting way too much time, a great friend saved me and it was off to MEC and Bushtukah, followed by some eats at The Works in Westboro.

Weird place, but good! I had never heard of drinking soda/ coffee/ water out of measuring cups before. It also took me 15 minutes just to read the darn menu…. I ended up having this chicken burger with the "Down Under" toppings: Pineapple, caramelized onion, beets, and fried egg. Surprisingly good… with sides of sweet potato fries and onion rings. I then had a beer and some flax chips at home, while relaxing with an episode of CSI and attempting to stretch out my sore back and legs. While I missed my workout yesterday, and ate heaps of junk food to boot, it's all good because I ended up losing much of that food to the porcelain goddess early, early this morning.

Didn’t get much sleep, and probably should have stayed home from work, but? I can’t really workout today either, so why bother staying home when my cubicle is quieter, and explaining Monday morning sickness to my boss just isn’t palatable right now. However, I did have a lot of time to research the evolutionary science behind vomit and vomiting… fascinating stuff, but I’ll spare you the details. Wiki has a good article...scroll to “Nausea Inducement in Groups.”

Now attempting to sip diluted grape Gatorade… hopefully I will graduate to Jello and crackers today. The good news is, my estimated net caloric intake over the last 3 days is -1100, so I'm smack-on my diet plan. I’m not advocating bulimic behaviors, but I do find it interesting that my body self-regulates food intake: must be a survival instinct. Also, combining heavy, unusual foods with caffeine, vitamins, booze and painkillers might not have been a great idea.

No comments: