Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Events for the 2007 Season

Ok, now I've officially registered (and paid - ouch!) for the following:

1. Ottawa ING Marathon (May 27th)
2. Ottawa Riverkeeper Olympic-Distance Duathlon (June 16th)
3. National Capital Olympic-Distance Duathlon (August 4th )
4. Canadian Half-Iron Distance Duathlon (September 1st)

Oh my goodness, am I CRAZY? The MARATHON folks, it is the marathon that is scaring me. But the official entry definitely is giving me the motivation to train hard, stop eating junk, lose a few pounds and get disciplined. I'm doing it as a training run, so nobody better expect a sub 4h time from me or nothin'

If my swimming improves I'll try the Early-Bird Triathlon at Carleton U (swim leg in the pool) in May (2 weeks before marathon), and I have the option of another Half-Iron Du in July or perhaps the OBC Grand Prix (yeah right, if I like torture).

Cripes...

No comments: