Thursday, May 3, 2007

Oven Bliss

Even though the week left much to be desired, I could forget about it tonight while making two carrot loaves... my first use of an oven in 4 years! I'm watching them right now; they look gorgeous, smell yummy, and I hope they taste good too... they still have 30 minutes to go and they're swelling right up over the dish so I kind of hope they stop rising....

The new place is coming along, slowly but surely. I am in dire need of some real furniture (the bigger pieces) to store the unsightly out of sight - ha! - before any wine-and-cheese housewarmings can occur. And I'm slowly building my pantry arsenal... everything from glassware to bakeware to cast iron skillets (still looking for a good cast iron skillet, no Teflon for me!) Thrilling event of the day was the vegetable/ cheese grater I bought at Loblaw's, or maybe second to getting two glass loaf pans at Sears for under $12.

One day I will even get an iron and ironing board... so I can iron my new, very wrinkled curtains!

<-- Sure could've used a jeep!

--> I love my new tub!






Thanks to Paul, Ang for these photos. More "before" and "after" shots will follow!

No comments: