Sunday, March 18, 2007

Post-weekend blues

So there I was on St Paddy's, sitting on Mike & Ang's couch and sipping water out of a Magner's can (thx for understanding guys) and suffering from post-purchase anxiety, having dropped yet another few hundred bucks on tri gear. I'm not sure that anyone was impressed by my explanation of just WHY I now own 3 pairs of identical Asics running shoes in various states of wear and disrepair. While I remedied the first problem with a second visit to Bushtukah/ MEC today, I still have the second. Whoa, can you say party-pooper?

So look y'all, while I know you love me and my idiosyncrasies I just want to say thanks for the good time (Ang you're a wonderful host, Mike you make good Pogos :P) I've hit two milestones this week then: I've actually watched the Godfather trilogy (thanks to Paul) and eaten my first Pogo. Anything else I need to know? before I hit the ripe old age of *chokes*
... I can't say it. 3 more weeks to make my mark. PK says I should *ahem* flirt with one new guy for each new year. Ang says she'll give me lessons. Amanda says she'll take me shopping, if I promise not to dart into any bike shops or buy more running shoes. Heather just laughs.

Spring comes late to the capital, forgot to knock on wood and look what happens... freakin' windchill. I put off my run later and later, slept in, lazed about aimlessly, not wanting to go outside. However my 'coach' would not be impressed with this shit. Mapmyrun.com and my personal pace clock both agree: 16 miles/ 25.7k today. Got as far south as Riverside/Uplands, and had this urge to go all the way to the airport, but then I kinda freaked myself out because that is how I start my 90+ km rides (via Manotick) and here I was, on foot with no water, fuel or Gatorade, with the sun setting. NOT smart. I saw few runners today... blowing snow and wind scared 'em away. Maybe I'm the crazy one.

Don't want to go to bed because I'll dream about work... how pathetic. I'm usually trying to explain something to someone and they don't get it.... and I get frustrated and grab them and scream... you know, that would be nice to do in waking hours. PK: yes, let's discuss résumé next week.

No comments: