Monday, December 11, 2006

Cycling in the Buff

I'm up to my eyeballs in final exams this week, so here's some light fare. If you haven't yet heard of the Naked Bike Rides for the environment, held in various cities world-wide... well now you have. All I can think of is... that's gotta hurt.

If you wanna learn more, check out their website. Personally, I think the Ottawa Critical Mass rides would be just as effective, and perhaps less offensive... oh well, it piqued your curiosity now, didn't it?

3 comments:

acommunist said...

it wouldn't have been too bad. a lot of those folks are riding mtbs and hybrids - so the seats are made for comfort (not ubar speed), and the angle you're sitting at isn't a 77/78 degree tri set up with a 15-20cm drop or whatever, but something whereby you're basically sitting on your ass :D

PA said...

Perhaps, but I think bike seats are a lot more comfortable when you've got padded shorts on! Try it indoors sometime and let me know how it goes ;)

acommunist said...

i don't have an mtb or a hybrid to try it out on :( gave mine away to jeff because it was destroying the knees!

oh, the knees! the humanity of it all!!