Friday, September 7, 2007

Dinner with Damon

The heat is stifling… yesterday’s 18k easy run turned into a hack-fest partway through. Whether it was the extreme humidity, the poor air quality, or the bug I swallowed as I ran through Mooney’s Bay Park, I don’t know—but I hacked myself silly on the way home. Maybe the bug stung my throat on the way down?

I consoled myself by watching the Bourne Identity afterwards (nothing like a bit of shirtless Matt Damon to cheer a girl up!). Dinner was the standard tuna curry with veggies. I am Day 2 into my “Drink 75 oz of water a day” plan. That’s about 5 bottles a day, but does not include what I need to consume during workouts. I’m also trying to drink one cup of green tea daily. We’ll see how I feel after a few weeks of this… I am attempting to smooth out my wrinkles. Actually, that’s not the main reason, but it is one of the reasons.

Also found a great website for sports nutrition and other related topics (Australian Institute of Sport). I was kind of surprised to see all the recipes for lamb (!!) but hey, it's Aussie.

No comments: