Thursday, July 12, 2007

Code Lobster

I will depart from my usual blog fare today to vent about Code Lobster.

Now as it happens, I have been the subject of some gentle teasing with regard to… well I shall say, an old “crush” (oh do I ever hate that word!) on a member of the local cycling community. I have also been given the deadline of August 1st to discover the marital status/ availability of the gentleman in question, and if availability is indeed established, to gauge potential interest. The project has been dubbed: “Code Lobster”.

Inasmuch as this is somewhat fun and diverting, it is not particularly my style. Actually my style is usually to do nothing and see what happens, which rarely produces the hoped-for result, but is significantly less awkward. And bashfulness aside, I’m not exactly sure the whole thing is a good idea anyways. I’m no star athlete, and still priding myself on the recent accomplishment of readjusting my bars and seat position without stripping the darn bolts. It was just yesterday that I finally managed to swim 300m non-stop, and faster than the 70-year-old in the lane next to me. I’m hardcore loving the triathlon experience, but definitely not a hardcore triathlete.

Kind of a weird juxtaposition then, eh? Plus, I've never been a fan of the aggressive girl approach; I think it gives the nicest guys the worst ideas. Gonna let that clock tick down, and other fish to fry...

No comments: